What does your Pump do?
- The main function of your pump is to increase the oxygen in your water. Your plant roots need oxygen to breathe as they grow.
- The second function of your pump is to mix your nutrients into your water. Your nutrients must be mixed into your water, otherwise they interact in their concentrated form and form solids which are bad for your plants.
How to add nutrients:
- Add water and pH as normal until your Garden is full.
- Using a pitcher or Jug, gently lift up your tray lid to move your plant roots out of the way, and collect ~1 quart of Garden water.
- Add your first nutrient into the garden.
- Then, add your second nutrient into your jug and give it a couple stirs with a spoon.
- Carefully pour your jug into your Garden so everything mixes together.
Doing this when you add your nutrients ensures that your nutrients are well mixed and the splashing of pouring out the jug should add plenty of oxygen into your water.