Connecting your Garden to the Internet with an Android Phone
Why should I connect my Rise Garden to the internet?
The Rise Garden smart-indoor garden can be connected to the internet allowing you to control and monitor it with your mobile phone. When this is done, you will be able to control your lights, view your water level remotely, receive important garden notifications and benefit from Rise Gardens AI that helps optimize your care plan to get the most out of your growing.
Before you get started
It's quick and easy to connect your garden, but you will need to verify a few items
- Verify that your router supports 2.4 GHz (most home routers do)
- Verify that you get a strong wireless signal in the location of your garden (use your mobile phone to check your wireless signal strength at the location of your garden).
- Make sure you know your Wi-Fi credentials (SSID and Password)
Connecting your garden
Install and Register with the Rise Gardens application
If you have already installed the application and registered, you can jump "Create your Garden"
If you have an iPhone phone (and not an Android phone), please click here for the appropriate instructions.
- Download and install the Rise Gardens mobile application for Android phones
Search the Google Play Store for “Rise Gardens”
From your Google Play, click here
- Find and open the Rise Gardens application on your phone
Register to create a new account. Be sure to remember the email and password you create your account with for later reference.
Create Your Garden
If you have already created a garden, you can jump Connecting your Garden
- If this is your first time in the application, you will see welcome screens to guide you to create a new garden. Be sure to select the correct type of garden you purchased (1, 2 or 3 levels) and give it a great name.
Note, that if you don’t see the welcome screen, you may have already been in the application. If so, you will see the garden home page, which may look something like this…
If so, proceed to the next step.
- Next you will then be asked if you want to configure device (connect your garden)
Note: If your garden was already created in the past, you will not get the screen above. Instead, click on the small wireless symbol to the right of your garden
After clicking the icon shown above, you may be directed to the Connect Status screen. If so, choose "Setup"
Connecting your to your WiFi
- During this process you will be connecting your phone directly to your gardens control board. Before doing this, open the right-hand side cabinet door and make sure your gardens control board WiFi status light is solid red. If it is off, see the note below.
Note: If your light is not solid red, get a pointed object, like a pen, and hold down the button next to the light marked "Reset" for 10 seconds until it turns to solid red.
- Next use your phone’s wireless settings to connect directly to the garden’s control board. Note that it will show up with a name that begins with the text “rise_”. You can click on the image to take you to your settings.
- Return back to the Rise Gardens application, click "Continue" and you should see the following success screen. Click “Continue” to proceed. You will be asked for the details needed to connect the garden control board to your home or business wireless network. It will suggest the wireless SSID (network name). If needed you can change this. Then enter a password and click “Continue” to proceed.
- Next the wizard will walk you through a diagnostic and configuration process where you will hit continue when prompted.
- Once the gardens configuration is complete, the electronics will reboot and the application will wait and watch for your garden to come online and begin communicating. This may take a few minutes to perform.
Confirm your Garden is Successfully Connected
When your garden is successfully online you will see this screen and can then return to your garden. If you have any issues, please reach out and contact us for help.
If you garden is successfully connected, you will see a signal strength, the status of your lights and the real-time water level reading. This is also where you can set your light schedule or change your wireless settings.
If you status indicates you are not online, please go to the troubleshooting document.
Check out these other articles
- Email: email@example.com