Before you disassemble and reassemble everything, it is good practice to test out your new control board to make sure it is fully functional before removing the old one. To test your new control board, please follow these steps below.
First, disconnect all of the connections (the cords) from the existing control board while you have your new control board close at hand:
- Unplug the power supply in the back of the control board
- Unplug the other cables from your control board and plug them into the same locations of the new control board. At this point, the new control board should not yet be installed, but just close by to your Garden
- Leave the antenna where it in this step
- Plug the power into the new control board
Then, you can perform a basic test to see if everything is working:
- Make sure the pump is running
- Make sure the water level lights on the front of the cabinet are close to the marketing on your reservoir
- Put your hand over your water level sensor mounted at the top inside of your cabinet (over the reservoir) and confirm that the water level lights show all 5 red.
- Push the light button on the front door of the cabinet and ensure that it controls the lights through a cycle of on, dimmed, and off.
Next, connect your Garden to the internet:
If everything is functioning well, you can confidently remove the old control board and mount the new one in its place. To do that, follow these steps:
- Unplug the power from the new control board. Be careful with the cables while doing this- the power cord fits pretty tightly
- Remove the antenna from the outside of the cabinet (on the right side) with a wrench.
- Remove the antenna cable from from the wall of the cabinet
- Using an 11/32" wrench (provided), remove the nuts on the rear and front of the control board. These can be a little tight to work with, so take your time!
- Remove the old control board
- Place the new control board back on the mounts of the cabinet
- Put the nuts back on the mounts and tighten (NOTE: if the rear mount is too difficult to get on, you can leave it loose and just tighten the front mount. A strong mounting is really only important for shipping)
- Mount the antenna cable back onto the side of the cabinet
- Mount the antenna back onto the outside of the cabinet in the place of the original
- Plug the power back in and confirm everything still functions properly
You’re done! Once the new control board is installed, please return the old damaged control board back to Rise Gardens in the box provided. A return label will be provided to you.