Before you disassemble and reassemble everything, it is good practice to test out your new ultrasonic sensor to make sure it is fully functional before removing the old one. To test your new control board, please follow these steps below.
First, disconnect your old sensor from power:
- Unplug your Garden from the wall so that it has no power. Wait 30 seconds
- Unplug your existing ultrasonic sensor, leaving it still mounted to your Garden’s cabinet
- Plug in the new ultrasonic sensor cable in the same location in your Garden’s control board. Make sure that the sticker-side of the sensor’s cable is facing the inside of your cabinet (towards the left)
- Plug your Garden back in to get power
Then, you can perform a basic test to see if everything is working:
- Move the new sensor closer and farther from your hand (waving your hand back and forth between 6” - 24”, which is the approximate size of your Garden’s water reservoir) to verify that the water level lights on the front of your cabinet are responding. If they are, then the closer your hand is to the sensor, the higher the water level will be.
If the new sensor is responding correctly, you can go ahead and install it into your Garden. NOTE: this process can be a little tricky, so be patient. To install the new sensor, follow these steps:
- Unplug the power from your Garden
- Remove the water reservoir from the cabinet (NOTE: this may require emptying some water out and removing the pump)
- Using an 11/32" wrench (provided), remove the two nuts that mount the old sensor enclosure to the inside top of the cabinet.
- Remove the old sensor and its cable.
- Attach the new sensor to the cabinet using the nuts from the old sensor, and tighten the nuts.
- Put the water reservoir and pump back in place.
- Plug the Garden in and confirm everything is still working correctly.
You’re done! Once the new control board is installed, please return the old damaged sensor back to Rise Gardens in the box provided. A return label will be provided to you.